Friday, May 25, 2018

The Amazon Cunundrum

Amazon controls the universe, mine anyway.

Every book or eBook I sell goes through Amazon.

I am also a registered vendor with Amazon, meaning that if someone buys something through one of the Amazon links on this blog I get a very small kickback.

A lot of blogs pay their operating costs via the Amazon sellers program, including one we like very much, Legal Insurrection. Well Legal Insurrection tells us that Amazon has cancelled their program with the site:
On Saturday morning, April 28, 2018, I woke up to an email in my inbox from Amazon Associates telling me our participation in the program was terminated, our account closed, that the decision was final and there was no appeal. On top of that, Amazon was holding back any accumulated money it owed us.
We strongly suggest clicking over to read about the saga in its entirety. There's really no good explanation for what Amazon has done. Basically, we think someone at Amazon decided they didn't like LI. Gee wonder how that someone voted?

For myself I really don't care about the seller program, I've made a tiny amount from it.

But the book selling aspect, well, that's my whole business model. Without Amazon I could not do what I do. Amazon has been very, very good to and for me.

If Amazon ever gets mad at me, I'm out of business and looking for a real job.

No comments:

Post a Comment