Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday Metal, Seriously you Think that's Metal Edition

In A Line through the Desert, at Patricia's graduation party, Jake and his friends debate a vexing question of the late '80s: Is Bon Jovi Metal?

The answer today is of course not. But in 1988 that wasn't so clear. Bon Jovi songs had hooks. They had ripping guitar solos. They had power chords.

You don't think Dead or Alive is Metal?:

That's was the 18 year old virgin Jake Bloom argued.

How about Lay Your Hands on me?

That intro is flipping awesome. Again you got power chords, analmost Angus like hook, and a ripping guitar solo. Ahhh, I recall the first time I heard this song. A crisp September morn in the Hudson River Valley. The intro seemed to accompany the light mist reflecting back the rays of the autumn sun....that's as much imagery as you'll ever get form me, folks.

Then there's Bad Medicine:

Just a great catchy riff and when you got Sam Kinison in your video, one is in for a good time. It was an 80's thing.

Sweet mother of god, the babes. Look, younger reader(s). This was the 80's there was no internet. If you were lucky you had an older brother with some Playboys. I was not lucky. So this was it.

I mean, come on:

Or how 'bout:

I  mean, holy god:


[Hey, why does the blonde get two pics?-Ed]

What do you mean, 'why?'.

[Did you really spend ten minutes watching that video and snipping-Ed]

Did I ever.

Mrs Stroock: Why were you listening to Bad Medicine?

Me: 'You don't wanna know.'


No comments:

Post a Comment