Sunday, February 5, 2017

Topical: The Big Game

Long time readers know I'm a yuuge Giants fan. I mean, Sgt. Bloom in A Line through the Desert sits in his tank listening to Superbowl XXV on AFN. The Bills had one of the best offenses of all time that'd just scored something like 90 points in two playoff games. That offense was shut down by Giants' defensive coordinator Bill Belichick.

Atlanta has a high powered, high scoring, indoors, front-running offense. Come out early on and punch 'em in the mouth and they won't know what to do. This is exactly what Belichick did to the Bills in 1990 and the Rams in 2001.

Unlike a lot of people I've never had a problem with the Patriots. [That's easy to say when your boys beat 'em twice-Ed]. True, but as noted above, Belichick was one of my guys and I've had a soft spot in my heart for him ever since.

The Patriots and Falcons will play a game that is tight heading into the 4th. Tom Brady, with 3 quarters to study, the Falcons defense will pick it apart in the 4th. By the middle of of the 4th quarter it will be apparrent to all that the Patriots will earn Bill and Tom their ring.


No comments:

Post a Comment