Thursday, November 16, 2017

Le Affair de Franken

Leann Tweeden is a model and news anchor in Minnesota.

Ms. Tweeden has bravely come forward to reveal that when she was on a USO tour of Afghanistan in 2006, then comedienne and current Senator Al Franken groped her. Ms. Tweedon's account is here and we suggest reader(s) read the whole thing.

Most revealing is this quote:
On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.
He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.
and
Other than our dialogue on stage, I never had a voluntary conversation with Al Franken again. I avoided him as much as possible and made sure I was never alone with him again for the rest of the tour.
Franken repaid me with petty insults, including drawing devil horns on at least one of the headshots I was autographing for the troops.

We have no doubt that Ms. Tweeden is not the only woman Franken treated this way. While we doubt anyone can beat Luis C. K. in the Creepy Comedian Sweepstakes, Franken comes in a strong second.

Now, because we wanted to get the story right, we did more research into Miss Tweedon, and gentlemen we will not be silenced.

The following is presented in the interests of truth!



1 comment:

  1. NO WAY!!! Not Al Franken! He is such a handsome, well tempered, fine human being he must have to beat the women off with a stick. He would never have to resort to such actions.
    Things like this never undo a democrat.

    ReplyDelete