Thursday, February 18, 2021

We shall not see his like again

Awww dang it, Rush. The inevitable has happened. Mark Steyn eulogizes the man. Ben Shapiro talks about Rush's importance to conservatives and conservative media. Clay Travis talks about Rush and getting it right on radio; hard to do. Dan McLoughlin writes about Rush and the 1990's right. Rush was, as a former president would say, yuuuge. 

A friend broke the news. It was inevitable of course. I got a bit emotional. Rush meant a lot to me.

Rush Limbaugh changed my life. I first got into him in 1992 during my freshman year at Wesley College. My new friend across the hall liked to listen to him while we played Madden '93. This was the first real challenge to our assumptions. Later Rush kept me company on long drives from Wesley College (later Washington DC) up to the University of Delaware to see a certain girl whom I'm looking at right now.

In the 1990's I learned from Rush talking about himself, especially his failures. Rush failed a lot, at college, in his professional life, with market investments. And listening to Rush talk about his failures, we realized that we could get through our own failures, and boy did we fail a lot in the 90's. A lot of times we thought of Rush and kept going.

Another day we'll post more about Rush, and he'll probably be the subject of our Monday Inforos article. But not today.

Thanks for everything, Rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment