Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Ennui with Will

We pronounce that 'en-u-eye' [Bloody dumb Yank-Ed].

You're just grumpy because July 4th is tomorrow, and you people STILL haven't gotten over it. Our fellow North American friend will be in mourning as well. First they lose Lord Stanley's cup and now this. Tough times up north. Tough times. 

[Ima just leave this here-Ed]:

God save the King.

It's a warm afternoon. The AC is off. The house is quiet. We are alone. This is one of those weird days when we just don't have a whole lot to say. Or maybe we're just saying it on Substack notes. There's plenty of places to get hot takes on Joe or the Gaza War. Are we really needed for that?

We didn't blog this morning because we wanted to get to work on Ambush at Lingayen Gulf and then hit the gym. Mission accomplished. We came home, had lunch. Now here we are, looking for motivation. 

That's two paragraphs where we wrote essentially the same thing. Is this good writing? We don't know. We do know this blog doesn't get much traffic and doesn't make any money. And on afternoons like this, where, say it with us, we don't have much to say. We wonder what's the point?

At the moment we're sitting on the back deck, working on our tan, with an Arturo Fuente and a Molson Golden, thank you, Canada. But we're worried that all this sun is going to overheat our laptop. Ah...there's a bit of cloud cover now. [Day drinking, great. You know, I had to smack him upside the head after I learned he used to like to edit MY WORK when he was drinking-Ed]. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally appreciate you keeping up the blog one of the biggest reasons your one of my favorite authors is because of the interaction I have with you on here because of that I'll buy all your books but line through the desert and the only reason I don't buy that one is that it just feels weird reading about my time in the service and my the way I no it's a different war but I always have the urge to listen to Jonny Horton Battle of New Orleans this time of year

    ReplyDelete