Friday, April 10, 2015

Now this is a problem.

When I published my first novel, 'A Line through the Desert' I was desperate to get people to review it. I begged, pleaded and cajoled, but never offered to pay anyone off. I think I may I offered a free autographed copy of the book, but that's it. That was six years ago.

I have wondered about some of the reviews appearing for my books. A lot of them seem off somehow, as if they were written by the same person in a short-hand style. Those reviews are always positive.  Maybe they're fakes, who knows? I'm not doing it.

Actually, when I see a new review is in, it gives me the willies. Good reviews are great, of course, and never get old. I don't mind bad reviews, some people just don't like your stuff. No, what freaks me out is the fear that the reviewer has pointed out typos.

And yes, there are quite a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment