Monday, May 4, 2015

Bad Reviews

God I dread these. A sample:

Why go to the trouble to write a novel if you can't bother to properly edit it? Such carelessness feels like disrespect for the reader. I have given you a few dollars, as well as a few hours of my time; the least you could do is respect my intelligence by writing proper English.
This review sent me scrambling. I read about 25% of the book and sure enough I found a few typos.

Don't start. That thing was gone over again and again, by me an by others. People who were paid, my official editor.

There is no such thing as a perfect book.  Websites are dedicated to typos in books. All-time great books have typos.

Reading a few of the reviews, I'm wondering if these aren't Yanks having issues with British spellings and military usage. Example, we (Americans) would make reference to the 7th Armored Brigade, while they (Brits) say 7 Armoured Brigade.

I like this quote, 'The only unforgivable typos are the ones you find in a book you've written yourself. '
So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment