Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Get a Day Job


Kathy Shaidle says:

"‘I only come up with about ten really great story ideas a year’ says… (female) professional writer

Then you’re probably in the wrong business."

I come up with five or six great ideas a day. The previous post triggered a few good ideas about magazine articles covering South Africa's military, and a vague idea I had for a short story about the Battle of Cuito Cuanavale. That all occurred in the previous 15 minutes.

One of the problems I've encountered is deciding what to write. I have three or four ideas for WWII Pacific novels, an idea for a sequel to To Defend the Earth, an idea for a sequel to A Line Through the Desert, three different alternative history stories...you get the idea.

Ten ideas a year? What is this woman doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment