Thursday, June 11, 2015

Lee Siegal is a Jerk

This Lee Siegal Guy has been taking a lot of grief:

in college and graduate school. Or I could take what I had been led to believe was both the morally and legally reprehensible step of defaulting on my student loans, which was the only way I could survive without wasting my life in a job that had nothing to do with my particular usefulness to society.
So he defaulted on his student loans.

This was back in the 1970s and the interesting thing is that the Department of Education is still after him. Why not just repay the loan?

'Wasting his life' he says. Just who the hell does this twerp think he is.

Lemme tell you something, pal, writer to writer. You ain't that important. What you have to say doesn't matter than much.

He seems to feel the world would miss him. It wouldn't.

'Wasting his life,' doing what? Working? Being a branch manager at a shoe store, and idea he mocks.

Maybe its just because I spent a lot -and I do mean a lot -of time out of work but I leaned the value of having a job. Any job.

 I write. I sell 20-30 copies of my book everyday. I think that's a miracle. A bloody miracle. I'm not under any illusions myself, though. The world wouldn't miss me if I stopped writing.

It wouldn't miss this guy either.

In his piece Siegal asks, 'Am I a deadbeat?'

No, Siegal, you're just a jerk.



No comments:

Post a Comment