Friday, July 3, 2015

Now I know why you cry, John

24 years ago today one of my favorite movies came out. As the great John Nolte says:

No one who filed into a movie theatre exactly 24 years ago tomorrow (July 3, 1991) wasn’t demanding to be dazzled; no one who walked out of that theatre 136 minutes later wasn’t dazzled … and a little dazed.
I know I was.

I was 18 and had just graduated HS. Three other friends and I saw it at the Beach Movie Theatre in Peekskill, NY.

I was blown away from the opener that showed the rebels fighting the machines. The rebels were fighting, and beating the Skynet, that in itself was a major break from The Terminator in which the rebels were depicted as hiding and on the run.

Then there was this scene at the mall. I still get chills watching the two Terminators walk down the hallway.

Its an action movie, one of the best ever. And its great sci-fi to boot.

Of course it has a few clunnkers for lines....but whatev. That line always gets a laugh in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment