Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Operation Eastern Storm et al (Update)

The MS for Operation Eastern Storm has been submitted and is in the formatting stage. At this point we're anticipating a release early next year.

On a few other notes, World War 1990: Castro's folly is coming along slowly but nicely. As noted before this will feature short stories in Angola, Nicaragua and Vietnam, among other places. Watch out for the Aussies, Ho Chi Minh.

I am still working on To Liberate Mars to quote Jerry Pournelle (notice the absence of dates). As noted elsewhere, half the short stories are complete, at least one will be completed this year. I am hoping to release it 2016.

My history of John J. Pershing and the AEF is in a good place. I am completing a chapter linking the Marne campaign with the Meuse-Argonne Campaign. This should be the last chapter I have to write surrounded by stacks of musty WWI memoirs. After that I have to do my intro, which I can't do before I write my conclusion. I also thought it'd be fun to spend 5,000 words writing about the memoirs and history of the AEF. My rough draft will be completed January 30, 2016, after which I intend to spend the year editing and revising.

I have a meeting with an agent about this project next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment