Saturday, December 5, 2015

To Liberate Mars (Update)

Well, I expect To Liberate Mars to be out sometime next year.

Having wrapped up a story about iron willed naval commanders and marines launching suicidal frontal attacks, I'm really not in the mood to write another.

So how then, to do the chapter where man assaults Mars in an effort to liberate it from the Jai?

I have been wracking my brain about this for some time and had kind of come the conclusion that I was going to have to do yet another massive story with space cruisers, landing forces and the like. Maybe this was going to have to be its own separate novel and I've really been writing To Liberate Ceres/Europa.

I was thinking about some other military fiction I like and after a while the notion finally dawned on me. Why not tell the battle the Jai's point of view?

Yes, yes I think that's it.

2 comments:

  1. Can you finish writing it so I can give you my after tax dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working diligently. 55k words and counting. Might not be about Mars at all now, but I promise, massive space battles. Any ideas? Anything you want to see? Anything you are curious about?

    ReplyDelete