Sunday, February 14, 2016

My the Technology Marches

I'm up here in the Berkshires (current temp -8, Fahrenheit for all you goddamn foreigners) working on the sequel for A Line through the Desert.

One of the subplots involves Jake being in college ROTC, about which I know nothing.

Now, back when I was researching A Line through the Desert I went to an alumni website to get info about Jake's unit, the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment, I bought old manuals on Ebay, I trolled the depths of the interweb looking for info.

This was 2004. The internet as it exists today was just starting to jell. Amassing this info took months and months.

So last night I was trying to plot Jake's time in the ROTC. I knew nothing about it. So I popped over to amazon and looked around. In a few minutes I had two short guides to ROTC which detailed everything I needed to know.

Bam! Plotted!

No comments:

Post a Comment