Monday, February 22, 2016

Not Getting the Election Thing

I've gotten to the point that I read Jennifer Rubin's formerly indispensable Right Turn just for the laughs. Check it out, yo:

[Jeb Bush's} failed race demonstrated that money is not everything, and that, sadly, in this election, solid, innovative policy is not a ticket to the nomination.

Ah, yes. Policy. I too once thought that people wanted cogent arguments on school vouchers, Medicare reform, top marginal tax rates, and privatization of garbage collection (with respects to M. Buckley). Of course, I was 22.

Mrs. Rubin, we are in a culture war, and that is what we must fight. If the GOP (the morons) want to run the election on tax reform it will lose.

Of course, Mrs. Rubin is not all bad. I must say I agree with this:

Third, party insiders, including donors and elected officials, will soon rally to Rubio. Bush graciously freed them to do just that. The money and the sense of momentum their support will bring to Rubio will give him a lift going into Super Tuesday. If Rubio captures the lion’s share of Bush voters (and eventually the other marginal candidates’ voters), he should be able to pass Trump. At least, that is the theory.



Call me a tool of the establishment if you must, but I think Rubio is the best candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment