Friday, February 19, 2016

South Carolina Blues

Back in 2000 my man John McCain walloped W. in New Hampshire kicking off a two week circus in the next primary state, South Carolina. Bush in turn walloped McCain. That was the beginning of the end of John McCain and McCainism, at least my support for it. McCain pulled out a surprise victory in Michigan, dragging things out for another month or so.

I'm on the record here as supporting Rubio (I could go Cruz) and I hoping for a strong finish from both. I have no idea what's going to happen. Polls seem to show some downward movement for Mr. Trump both in SC and nationally. Rubio seems to have gotten his bearings.

Polling seems broken of late, though, not only in Iowa but internationally, with pollsters getting all kinds of elections wrong, Britain and Israel for example.

We'll see tomorrow, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment