Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Am Andrew Breitbart

Four years ago today Andrew Breitbart died. I've always been glad I found out via Drudge. It just seems so right.

A lot of the things I've done the last few years have been because of Breitbart. I continued teaching, I held a pro-Israel rally at RVCC, I sat in an disrupted an anti-Israel rally, I gave a hard time to a lefty speaker on campus, I brought up the rear of a BLM rally handing fact sheets, etc etc.

When he started Big Hollywood in 2009 my thought was 'meh'. I knew who Breitbart was, vaguely remembered his book, Hollywood Loser, and knew the role he played in Drudge. He got my attention though after California Prop-8 passed. I saw him debating a gay rights activist who was going on and on about Mormons and Evangelicals, Breitbart finally said, 'Protest a Mosque'. It was at that point I understood. Sadly I can't find the clip.

When he died four years ago I openly wept.

I am Andrew Breitbart, indeed, and in more ways than one.

Last fall I went to the hospital with chest pains. Doctor's discovered a blockage in my artery (95%) and put a stent in my heart. After several months of dieting, etc, I got some blood work done. The triglyceride and cholesterol count are actually worse than before the stent.

Andrew Breitbart died of a heart attack four years ago today. He was 44.

I'm 42.

I am Andrew Breitbart.

No comments:

Post a Comment