Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hillary! A Word About the Previous Post

God the whole thing galled me no end.

I refer of course to Hillary! carpet bagging to NY and running for the Senate in 2000.  Seriously, Dems, you had no shame.



I'm from New York State me self, Peekskill, or really, just outside of Peekskill, but that was always the mailing address.  Ah....I can still get nostalgic for the cool, crisp air of the lower Hudson River Valley. On a clear day you could see past the Tappan Zee Bridge all the way to Manhattan 20 miles south. The river was over two miles wide here, when the Dutch found this span the called it an inland sea. Every other river I've ever seen looks like a stream to me. Why I remember.....

Where was I?

Hillary! bought herself a big spread in Chappaqua, right down the road. Cousins of mine lived there.

In 1999 I got a fund raising letter from Hillary! So I sent a letter back, composed entirely of trivia questions about New York. A few months later I sent that letter on a job application for a conservative direct mail fundraising outfit (don't ask). I got the job.

I wonder if a good book has been written about that Senate race? Originally Rudy! was going to oppose Hillary! But the intrepid Mayor of New York came down with prostate cancer and wisely dropped out. The NY GOP found Congressman Rick Lazio, or 'Little Ricky':



On election night you could see the look on Rudy's face. It said, 'I would have beaten her.'

Maybe. Of course he wouldn't have been mayor on 9/11.

It still offends the hell out of me.

So now that the NY Primary is looming, I thought we'd have some fun and ask the Senator from New York a few questions about New York.

Enjoy!

I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment