Thursday, May 12, 2016

Eli Wallach Call Your Office

Damn, I got a great idea this morning.

Looking through the Pershing MS, I was rereading the chapter on Poncho Villa and the Battle of Columbus, New Mexico when it hit me, A Ride Through Mexico. Like A Line Through the Desert and A March Through Hell, a character driven book about the Poncho Villa campaign. This only became feasible when I had the title and there it was, A Ride Through Mexico.

Lots of fodder there; the Battle of Columbus, the follow up chase and then of course, Pershing and his Poncho Villa expedition.

I recall the great Kathy Shaidle, commenting on a Brit writer saying she gets ten good ideas a year. Shaidle scoffed at the idea. So did I. I get ten good ideas a day.

This is why the World War series, originally supposed to be a one off book, is now going to be at least five books.

Honestly, when I feel the idea rising up from the depths I think, 'oh no, not another one.' Resigned to my fate I sigh, make a note and think, 'Okay, some I'm going to have to write that now.'

Put it on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment