Monday, May 23, 2016

Will's good idea for the week of 5/23

Last week my great idea was 'A Ride Through Mexico'. Half the impetus is simply having the title. That A INSERT Through LOCATION tells one two things. First this is Will's character driven stuff, two this is the location of said character driven stuff.

Well, the World War series had expanded like a Long Island JAP bride's waist-line in the weeks leading up to her big day.

Had another random idea for the series and this would be he final, the election of 1992.

Now, alert readers will see that in Arctic Storm and Eastern Storm, various persons in the Office of the Vice President are trying to set the table for Quayle to run in 1992. The idea is, and this was actually spoken about in the real world that Bush, having just won the Third World War, has nothing more to accomplish and decides not to run. Really, he has no where to go but down. This is exactly what happened after Desert Storm.

I've written some political intrigue before, we have plenty of that in War of the Red Sea.

I'm thinking a battle royale in the primary between the forces of Dan Quayle, led by William Kristol, art imitating life I guess, though the embers of this were planted in Arctic Storm before Kristol's current real world intrigues. The opposing side to be led by, I dunno, Colin Powell, thrust forward by the anti-Quayle types?

Then there is the matter of the Dems. In the real world, all the Dem heavy hitters chickened out; Algore (a little conservative humor), Mario Cuomo (he's no homo...sorry an NYS thing, you had to be there) and its been so long now I'm having trouble coming up with other names. Clinton came out of nowhere, more or less. He had been laying the ground work for this during the last decade, but if one was a normal human, you didn't know anything about the man. I still remember seeing Bill (for whom I would eventually vote) for the first time in late 1991. 'Man is he slick,' I thought.

I didn't know the half of it. Nor did I know that two and half years alter I'd be interning for the man. Don't worry, I was the year before Monica ahhhh the summer of '95, my summer of the Stone Roses...

Anyway...I wonder if I can make a political novel about an election work? Who knows, maybe by then I'll be sick of writing about blowing stuff up.


No comments:

Post a Comment