Friday, July 22, 2016

Trumped up Speech

I've never seen a convention speech quite like Mr. Trump's last night. Overall I thought it ran long, but I liked it. I liked the tidbits at the end, replacing Scalia, repealing Obamacare, and I loved, loved, his bit about the TSA. That wanna-be gestapo is a national disgrace. 

My own sense is that he gave the kind of speech Donald Trump would give if Donald Trump was trying to be serious. One can't tell Mr. Trump to give a measured policy-wonk speech, it just wouldn't work.

I also came away thinking that he is going to fight. The last GOP nominee to do that was Bush...the elder. Dole, Bush II, McCain, Romney, none of them would fight.

Now go to you tube and look at the clip of Bush the elder savaging Dan Rather. That's what's needed.

By the way, the guy standing behind the camera and holding up q-cards for Bush was Roger Ailes.


No comments:

Post a Comment