Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Reading Projects

Usually when I approach a subject in history I don't want to read one book on the topic, I want to read several. I love a good project.

I've been working on an article about the Grand Review of 1865, Washington's victory parade and send off of the Army of the Potomac and Army of the West. This naturally sparked an interest in the Civil War. I am learned on the topic but never been a buff, so to speak.

So to start I just blew through Bruce Catton's Grant Moves South and Grand Takes Command. Reading the later peaked an interest in the bloody Virginia campaign of 1864. Looking on Amazon I found a short volume on the campaign, about 250 pages. Even better it was part of a series that takes one through the Civil War by stages. I ordered the volumes starting with Vicksburg, the Chickamauga Campaign, the Atlanta Campaign, and the Virginia campaign.

Should be done in a few weeks.

What then?

No comments:

Post a Comment