Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Trumpety Trumped

I really have no idea what is happening.

Let's recap briefly. Trump criticized this Kahn fellow who gave a son to the nation. Not the way I would have gone.  This compounded with Hillary's! convention have made a bad week for Mr. Trump.

I've long thought that Hillary! is such a weak candidate that Mr. Trump can beat here. This morning I remembered the 2002 California Gubernatorial election. Here we had a very unpopular Gray Davis, he sounded and looked like his name, against the Bill Simon. Simon should have been in good shape but ran a horrible, bumbling off message campaign. Of course, Arnold Schwarzenegger did in Davis during next year's recall.

In many ways 2002 reminds me of what's happening now.

That said, I'm wondering if the Kahn thing isn't backfiring on Hillary!

First, Kahn put himself in the spotlight. Breitbart (PBUH) has uncovered via this magic information device called Google, that Kahn is a Democrat activist with close ties to Hillary! and Saudi Arabia, specializes in Muslim immigration law and has openly advocated for Sharia. Don't think this matters? As I write this Kahn is furiously scrubbing the internet. He knows it matters.

Second, Hillary! called the Benghazi mother a liar and lied about the whole affair. Its a great counter.

Third, because the press has been treating each case so differently, it allows Mr. Trump's people to turn this into a media scandal. This reminds me of the phony TANG scandal in 2004. That hurt Kerry and helped Bush immensely.

Trump/Breitbart seem to be turning this whole matter around. But we'll see.

Maybe Mr. Trump is a buffoon. We know he's a loud mouth. Or maybe he's operating on a level mere prognosticators such as myself simply don't understand.

After all, if the neocons like me, who want to play by the traditional rules knew what we were doing, we'd be talking about re-electing President Romney.

No comments:

Post a Comment