Sunday, September 4, 2016

Election Feels

I've been thinking a bit about the election 2008.

That year a new, different candidate came out of nowhere to defeat Hillary! and then John McCain.

I speak about Barrack Hussein Obama, of course.

Now the interesting about 2008 is John McCain. Going into September he led by 3 or 4 points and the Party of Jefferson Davis was becoming concerned. It is possible, I think that McCain could have won if not for a single event. The Financial Crisis. As the crisis unfolded I watched his lead shrink from three to two to one to zero; followed by Obama's taking the lead. He never relinquished said lead.

Other than the crisis, McCain faced a yuuge problem. He was a man out of his time. McCain's year was 2000. Did he blow it in the primaries against Bush? I guess, but honestly I don't know how he could have beaten the establishment colossus. Senator McCain, whom I voted for and even donated the max, would have walloped Algore, say 53-45? The man was a national hero.

2008 was HIllay!'s  year and she royally blew it, counting on her establishment status and huge war chest to outlast Obama. After he basically won the Super-Tuesday round of primaries, Hillary! had no plan.

My main point here is that this election feels like 2008. Hillary! was decently ahead at one point, but that lead has evaporated and Mr. Trump seems to be ahead 3-4  points.

What's the event that catapulted Trump? Hillary! is the event. The almost daily revelations, new emails found, the FBI notes, Huma's Mulsim brotherhood status. etc etc...heck Anthony Wiener, If Bill Clinton had a son, he'd look like Anthony Wiener.

Hillary! and the party apparatchiks looked terrified. I know I was in 2008.

Usually caveats apply, of course! But man, it doesn't look good for Hillary!.

No comments:

Post a Comment