Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Metal

Forgotten Metal Edition

One of my pet peeves is 80's retrospectives that only touch on the well known metal songs. Oh sod, here's Welcome to the Jungle, look there's Round and Round. Yawn,


Here's one from late 1988 in all its glory:

C'mon, check out that bass and those drums. Not to mention the guitar licks. That's metal.

Here's Dangerous Toys, who I thought were going places:


Here's one from Ratt, a band I never had any use for. But god, as a hormonal 15 year old, well, my god the babes in this video (all I could find was this mock up, for some reason the official video is not available):


Cool riff and bridge.

And finally:

Heavy drums, great riff, nice bridge. I don't care if they are totally ripping off Zeppelin. This one sort of reminds me of Kasmir (duh) combined with Blackdog. Kraut Wankers....Listen to the drums...booom, crash...John Bonham...boom crash...Jimmy Page....

No comments:

Post a Comment