Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Surviving a Flop

The above named flop is To Survive the Earth.

Now, its predecessor, To Defend the Earth did well upon publication five years ago. I moved several copies a day, a real revelation after A Line Through the Desert never really sold. It was fun logging in every morning and seeing the number move. I still remember the sequence, for a while it came in twos, from seven, to nine, etc etc. While TDTE was moving I was starting Israel Strikes. It was a nice time.

Well, that just aint happening with To Survive the Earth,  despite advertising. Yes, I'm surprised.

I recall seeing Steven Spielberg say he has no idea why some of his movies are hits and others are flops. I know how he feels. I mean, George Lucas thought up Star Wars, Indiana Jones....and then Howard the Duck.

Anywho, the point of this post is that To Survive the Earth is doing so bad, right now all plans for further novels in that universe are suspended; at best. That means no 'To Liberate Mars', no 'To Strike the Stars', etc, etc...

We'll see.

Now maybe I can get those knots out of The Final Storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment