Thursday, December 15, 2016

Burning the Midnight OIl while Working on a Down Under Electrical Current

So in World War 1990: Operation Pacific Storm, we'll see a lot of Aussies. Now the question is how do I avoid getting all American about this? You know what I mean, when you American a foreign character. The Russians all swill Vodka, the Brits all say things like 'Fetch me a spot of tea, would you please' (a line that was in Arctic Storm until my British editor mocked it out of print), the Chinese are all vaguely philosophical and devious, etc, etc. For that matter the Americans are all loud and fat; am I right, people?

We'll be seeing a lot of Australians in this one. Prime Minister Hawke, Bomber Kim Beasley an assortment of SAS, sub skippers, ship captains, and Aardvark drivers, etc. There will be some Kiwis too. I guess the key is making sure they don't turn into Gandolf. Thank you, folks. Don't forget to tip your waitresses!

So, how do I avoid turning my Australians in Crocodile Dundee. First dilema, the American Aardvark driver, on detached duty to the Aussies walks into their barracks. What's playing on the radio?

The time has come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment