Sunday, December 18, 2016

Will's Good Idea for the Week of 12-18-16

World War 1990: Battle of Weser

I get asked periodically if I'm ever going to do a novel about the first two weeks of the war, something I have avoided.

The answer is no...probably.

But it might be worthwhile to explore the idea strictly form a grunt's point of view, say an American rifle company, a British medical unit there, maybe something describing the Dutch and Belgians in action, and of course, something from the commie point of view.

Will it happen? I dunno. If it does, its a long way off.

Here's where we are, since we missed the Friday Update. Castro's Folly is done and will be out in January. The Final Storm is done and needs editing, but it is finis. I am working on Pacific Storm now, 15,000 words and counting. Watch out for Aussies, Kiwis and their Hakas, Gurkha's and their Kukri knives, etc.

Once these three are completed, we'll be taking a break from World War 1990. But I still want to do a pair of novels about the aftermath. That will be a year or two away while I knock of a couple of other ideas.

Until then the reader will soon be able to enjoy Castro's Folly with my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment