Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Army Matrix Pool

Being something of a wargammer, I've designed three, you know.

[Why does it say 'Designer: Eric Harvey'-Ed]

Because Eric Harvey took the game the designed, made a few changes and called it his own.

 Anyhoo, I tend to look at world order of battle tables and think, now how can I get them into the fight.

The World War:1990 series has seen many temptations in that regard.

In Castro's Folly (this week people), we're throwing the interesting and complex South African Defense Force into the fight.

In Pacific Storm, the ANZACs are mobilizing, and what's the point of the Japanese having that fine navy if the author ain't gonna write about it. I mean just look at all those high tech (for 1990) destroyers and frigates, and don't get me started on that force of 200+ F-15Js.

Man, are there ever some orbat temptations in this universe.

I mean, here we have the South Korean Armed forces, the Israelis of Asia. What about Taiwan? There's another fine military. Why I bet their just begging to get into action.

Then there's the big cheese, the Sub-continent. India and Pakistan. I suppose I should call it 'the big samosa.  Both nations have large, well appointed armed forces (and nukes to boot).  And they hate one another. So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

Why not fight?

Of course, in any Indo-Pak war taking place in 1990, the U.S. would be much more inclined to help Pakistan.

We learn from out mistakes people and I guess that was a big one. Of course, the Pakis were helping us supply the Afghan Muj....still looking for an upside on this one.

Oh the temptations. As the reader will see soon, we succumbed to them in Castro's Follyh.

No comments:

Post a Comment