Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Tuesday Tally's Triumphant Return; Aerosmith Edition

Picking up on yesterday's Aerosmith themed Monday Metal, today we have Will Stroock's authoritative list of the best Aerosmith songs.

-Love in an Elevator: A long, almost jazzy song, which has for my money the best Joe Perry Solo ever.
-What it Takes: One of the aforementioned schlock ballads, but off of Pump not Get A Grip. I love the outro.
-Walk this Way: Of course, but being that age, I prefer the Run DMC version.
-Sweet Emotion: Duuuh. Interestingly they re-released this in 1992, when I was 18. Cool video too. Great intro with the bass, and a great riff (easy to play too) the drums....actually, there is nothing about this song which is not awesome.
-Jaded: One of their later songs, with Mili Kunis in the video. I just like the 'my, my, baaaaabyyyyyy-blue' rendition, and not just because I have two myself.
-Amazin': The video is sooooo 1993 in every way imaginable. Again, great guitar solo.

*Never liked Ragdall, and in retrospect, I don't like that comeback album at all which is ironic since I have the original vinyl I got for xmas in 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment