Sunday, February 12, 2017

Will's Good Idea for the Week of 2-12-17

We've been thinking a lot about what  a prequel to the World War 1990 universe would look like.

At this point I see a story compilation about individual short stories,  To Defend the Earth style. There are a lot of different things I'd like to explore and I think the best way to do this is in short bursts, a long narrative would lack drama and suspense.

I think one story about the first week or so on the North German Plain, basically NATO getting its but whooped would be a good idea. Maybe another about the battle of Bremen. Finally a longer short story about the Battle of the Weser.

Now, I'd like to see something about the Belgians and Dutch. I think another fascinating topic would be West German police trying to maintain order, the flow of refugees.

Now, because I'm surrounded all day everyday by kids, and I touched on this in To Survive the Earth, I love the idea of a story about an American woman and her kids hunkering down on an American army base as the war unfolds around them and having an encounter with Soviet troops.  She's in the basement with her kids, they got their coloring books and crayons, jax, pickup sticks, Gameboys, all while her husband is out fighting with his unit.

For that matter the idea of the Soviets rolling onto an American Army base is pretty intriguing.

So there's six stories right there.

Readers are invited to submit ideas.

I've been saying for months I gotta start doing some other things, but I do like to stick with the momentum of a subject.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment