Saturday, December 30, 2017

Star Wars: the Last Jedi

Just saw it ant I’ve been out of the theatre for 30 minutes.

Here are our initial impressions.

-a long, clunky movie.
-a contrived crisis.
-the ships lack the elegance of the original.
-Mark Hamel can’t act.
-Rey was interesting.
-so was Kylo Ren
-Luke engages in some genuine Jedi badassery.
-when they played the stock trench attack music it brought a tear to my eye because it made me miss Jedi.
-I liked some of the secondary characters.
-the Force Awakens was better.
-Rogue One was a lot better.

5 comments:

  1. Is it just me or does any one else find it weird that the admiral is commanding a ship in a cocktail dress not in any kind of uniform

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually liked Laura Dern's character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just the former military in me I guess plus Poe should of been shot for mutiny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree but to maintain discipline something should of happen to him

    ReplyDelete