Monday, June 8, 2015

College PC.

Via my friend William Katz a chilling quote form the incomparable Jerry Seinfeld:

“I don’t play colleges but I hear a lot of people tell me, ‘Don’t go near colleges, they’re so pc.’ My daughter’s 14. My wife says to her, ‘Well, you know, in the next couple of years, I think maybe you’re going to want to hang around the city more on the weekends so you can see boys.’ You know, my daughter says, ‘That’s sexist.’ They just want to use these words. ‘That’s racist. That’s sexist. That’s prejudice.’ They don’t even know what they’re talking about.”

I've taught college for six years now. In all that time I've never censored myself. Not once. Not in class, not on campus. Heck, I held my own pro Israel rally a few years ago. I've even shown up to a few events and made trouble. At the 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' rally a few months ago, I brought up the rear handing out talking points from the New York Post.  Nothing has ever happened to me.

Ok, two days before my Israel rally two different administration offices tried to shut me down. But you know what, I wouldn't let them. I just said no. I even went to the head of facilities, who tried to claim they didn't allow professors to hold political rallies, and pointed out that a few months before he had allowed an Occupy rally in the cafeteria. So my little rally went ahead.

Fight back, that's all I can say.


And that's the key.

The PC left only has power over you if you let them. If they call you a racist, and you immediately begin to stammer and protest your racial sensitivity, you've already lost. Just laugh at them, brush it off. Don't fight on their ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment