Thursday, June 4, 2015

To all those publishers who rejected me...

...you were right.

Its hard to sell character driven fiction. A Line Through the Desert, on which I toiled for 3 years, which was rejected dozens of times, and has never really sold.

The same goes for A March Through Hell. Its sold a bit but not nearly as much as the Israel series.

Don't get me wrong, I move plenty of kindle copies a month, A Line Through the Desert has racked up 30+ reviews. But this is a fraction of what my other books sell.

Most of my readers like explosions and tank battles and stressful cabinet meetings. So that's what I write.

Its a bit disappointing. I poured my heart and soul into A Line Through the Desert. Learned a lot about myself in the process. Learned how to write, too. The public thinks its a snoozer. Oh well.

Like I said its a bit disappointing, but only a bit. My books get bought, read, and reviewed, and that makes A Line Through the Desert's failure worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment