Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Makhija for the win!

I live in Chindia. Half my block is Chinese. The other half is Indian. I'm exaggerating of course, but only a little.

Today we have local elections that pit out incumbent Mayor Hayes up against the the upstart Nahdi Makhija.

I voted for Hayes the last time, mostly because he came to my house and solicited my support.

Its nice to be wanted.

Its become a family tradition that Mrs. Stroock and I take the girls to go vote with us. They like to press all the buttons. This time around I noticed something interesting, a sea of brown faces queuing up to vote. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they're voting for Makhija.

There's nothing wrong with ethnic solidarity. Not for a new immigrant group at least.

Alright, GOP. You're the stupid party for a reason. It's not my place to judge who or why your mother slept with, his background, or even species. What she did on her own time is her business. The product of that unholy sexual union against the laws of man and nature is you.

Nikki Haley, GOP. She's the governor of South Carolina. Make her your nominee for Veep. Just due it. Haley for Veep.

For once win over a new constituency.

Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment