Thursday, December 31, 2015

Jews are nuts

This does not surprise me:
Spiritual leader of failed political party Yachad tells memorial event, attended by children of murdered couple, that ‘immoral acts’ caused wave of terror, Israeli deaths
I once taught at an Orthodox Jewish school, Yeshiva K'Tana of Passaic, NJ. Principal Rosenzweig, on the eve of my lecture on WWII, came into the class and reminded the boys that the Holocaust was god's punishment to the Jews.

This was no anomaly.

My student's regularly questioned why they needed to learn 'secular studies' as they called it, gave little respect to women or gentiles, for that matter showed me little respect because I wasn't an Orthodox Jew (I'm conservative myself), and said 'nigger' with ease. 'What does Pontiac stand for?' Mayer Schulman once asked me, 'Poor Old Nigger Thinks Its a Cadillac.' Women were not allowed to show so much as an elbow or shake a man's hand. I once got in a heap of trouble because I suggested to one of my students, that little shit, Kaplan whose grandfather was the head rabbi in Passaic that the Big Bang was an act of god.

In class the students were misbehaved, disrespectful little pricks whose were kept in line by brutal hair-trigger discipline that ended with my calling home every night. I mean every night. After an hour commute home, I'd eat dinner and call these little bastards at home and tell their parents of the problem.

It was lovely.

At the end of the year I was not asked back, even though I would have returned.

Don't tell me I don't love teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment