Sunday, February 7, 2016

Debate This!

They say Marco Rubio (who has already received the coveted Will Stroock endorsement) stumbled last night. I dunno, I never watch those things.

So maybe he is a canned, scripted version of Tracey Flick. He's entered what is probably the toughest phase of the campaign for him. We'll see if he's up to it.

The thing I like about Ted Cruz is that he fights. He was doing it against last night with one of the questioners. Also, he was a really sharp mind. I mean, I looked up his CV and we're talking about one of the top legal minds in the country. Alan Dershowitz no less sings his praises. That's quite an endorsement.

For me right now the issues are reigning the Feds, by which I mean executive orders, the IRS and the like, illegal immigration and the repeal of Obamacare. At the moment I don't trust Rubio to do it. Now, I don't buy that he's the establishment guy. I remember when the establishment wanted Charlie Crist for Senate and Rubio was the Tea Party guy who beat him in a tough race. But he seems to be wavering. Cruz is combative and I love that.

I'd vote for him.

But you got to get in the door first and the best chance for that is Rubio. For my money I think he's unbeatable.


No comments:

Post a Comment