Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sweet Child 'o AC/DC

What the hell?:
On his radio show, Atlanta-based DJ Jason Bailey said a “very, very good source” told him “Axl was meeting with [AC/DC].” It’s “all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining shows” on their tour, after doctors advised Brian Johnson to stop performing live, or risk “total hearing loss.”
I mean, I guess it can work. Paul Rodger toured with Queen. I suppose it's either this or find an impersonator, which is pretty much what Boston did when their lead singer kicked it. I can't really say if vocally Axl is going to do what Brian Johnson does, though he is certainly capable of gravely, hard singing. Axl, actually, I believe is supposed to have the widest range in rock and roll.

It's certainly a curiosity. I'd go see it.

Actually, I saw AC/DC once on the current tour and three times on the Black Ice Tour. The later was freakin' awesome. This time around they were ok, did and played everything they were supposed to. Something seemed to be missing though and I can't place my finger on it.

Maybe its me. Six years and three kids later (actually, Mrs. Stroock was 6 months pregnant when we saw them in 2009) maybe I just don't rock the way I used to.

I've been mad at Axl for at least 15 years. GnR gave metal and rock a great bit of pep right in the arm, a shot, if you will, which is certainly appropriate. Appetite and Use Your Illusion I & II are epic, hard rock albums as good as say, Led Zeppelin's first three. GnR should have been the Led Zeppelin of the 90's, and they weren't. By '93 they were tapped out. That's like having a  Led Zeppelin without Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti. Oh the lost potential...

What might have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment