Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Writing Updates...Centauri

Well, I sent the Pershing MS back to the agent, we'll see. Things look pretty good I would say.

Castro's Folly is done. We've had a shakeup here at Team Stroock, so Castro's Folly will not see publication until 2017.

In the meantime I am working World War 1990: The Final Storm. The rough will be completed this year with the book coming out in spring of next year, I should think.

In the meantime, or on the side, anyway, I'm going to be working on something else. Even I can't write endlessly about exploding tanks and tense cabinet meetings.

This project is called Centauri, and it is about a bunch of colonists on a habitable world orbiting, you guessed it, Alpha Centauri. Its a space western really, think The Searchers crossed with No Country for Old Men with a native feline species being the monsters and a native, stone-age sentient species filling in for the Indians.

Actually Centauri is already over halfway finished. It is a collection of stories, the first of which was completed in 2006. As its already 45,000 words long I thought I'd get Centuari wrapped up and out there; building the back list, so to speak.

Stories so far include:
-4.3 Light Years Alone
-Head Scarf
-Riders of the Centauri Range
-Aragon's Gambit

We'll be reporting more on this as we go. At the moment we're hoping to have Centauri out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment