Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Donald Trunmp Says the Media Sucks

So yesterday Donald Trump assembled the media in Trump Tower and berated them. Good.

“It was like a f–ing firing squad,” one source said of the encounter.
Too bad it wasn't just 'like' a firing squad.

Here is yet another article, this one at The Atlantic, about why the media sucks. Basically the media is run and staffed by ambitious young women, preening beta male college boys and homosexuals.

This is of course a transition (pun intended) from the old style media of coffee drinking, cigarette smoking, donut eating fat guys.

When I worked at the Wesley College Whetstone the paper was run by a guy like that. He was a 30 year old army and air force vet who loved news. God he might as well have been my father. 30 years old!

When I worked at CNN Inside Politics the office was filled with young women hired by the middle aged director. Ok not everyone was young. Ahhhh Sasha Johnson. She was cute, athletic etc. She once inadvertently flashed me, getting out of a cab, a moment I will take to my grave.  I never liked Kate Albright-Hanna or my boss Jane Caplan. Bear in mind the later, while writing on gun control, used to work for the Brady Campaign. Interestingly we were all about the same age. The difference was these were up and coming go-getters, I was some dumb schlub brought in to do scutt work, like run to FEC and get the list of contributions to the Elizabeth Dole campaign. I was less important than the interns.

For a while the polling director took me under his wing. Nice man, very smart, and a baseball fanatic as all good pollsters should be. Thank you, Keating Holland.

My father worked at NBC Nightly News from 1968 till 2005. He was one of the guys you could see in the newsroom behind Tom Borkow. There he is, right over Tom Brokow's shoulder:



My sister and I used to like to call him up during the broadcast and try to get him to scratch his ear or something. He wouldn't.

He saw the transition first hand. By the time my old man left the office was filled by hyper-educated young professionals who worked out during lunch and didn't expect to have to work after hours. These were hyper-successful fastidious types. As me old man said, 'I remember when we used to stub out our cigarettes on the newsroom floor and now I have to go outside to smoke.'

So President-Elect Trump is dead on hear. Don't be nice to them. Don't treat them with respect. They'e the enemy.

BTW, lots of media badmouthing in Israel Strikes: War of the Red Sea. There's a character named Martin, based on the terrorist sympathizer, misogynist, homosexual Martin Bashir.

1 comment: