Friday, November 25, 2016

Fire on the (Israel) Mountain

Israel Strikes and War of the Red Sea feature a lot of terrorism against Israel.

Well, beginning yesterday terrorists have lit a series of fires across the nation causing several great conflagrations. While the fires are definitely terrorist arson it is unclear how much of this is a coordinated effort and how much is the work of copycats.

From a terrorism standpoint this move makes a lot of sense. After all Israel can shoot down any incoming rocket it wants. Attacking an Israeli school will get the jihadist a quick ticket to his 72 virgins. Israel teachers pack heat.

In Ian Slater's WWIII series (don't bother folks its not very good), KGB agents set Forrest fires in the United States.

I never had Hezbollah or Hamas do that in my books.

Which brings us to the next question, when will I wrap up the Israel Strikes series. War of the Red Sea ends with Shmuley Rosenzweig taking a dirty bomb from Quds Force commandos and walking back to his car.

Honestly I don't know.

When I was wrapping up War of the Red Sea I had a vague sense that the next fight would be with Egypt. But the Brotherhood is out of power at the nation is firmly in the hands of the army. They even had a referendum. As it happens my lovely and talented editor is married to an Egyptian man. He voted for al Sisi.

Turkey? I dunno. Again we see thawing relations between Hebrew and Turk.

So I dunno.

I thought War of the Red Sea was innovative in that it put the Israelis in a situation we don't often see them in. That is a naval conflict with a mini-amphibious invasion of Sudan. It was fun to write, that's for sure.

I don't really see the point of another mano-a-mano slug fest between the IDF and another nation. Besides, who's left?

I'm open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment