Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Writing Women

Of course, I like to do more than write them....

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

Anywho, so a lot, most really, of Whatever Happened to Jake and Patricia Bloom focuses on Patricia.

I'm finding myself writing a lot about womanly-mother things. A lot of gals sitting around drinking wine and gabbing about shoes and OBGYNs and what not and whatever the hell else women talk about when we're off doing man-things. [for you man-things involves painting your little girl's room a lovely shade of lavender-ed].

I mean, I don't have to research this, right? I don't have to start posting questions on women's message boards about their preferred shampoo in 1994, do I? They're still human beings right? [yes, but they are different than you and I- ed].

Am I really qualified to write about the inner workers of a young to middle aged woman?

Crap, I need to give myself a pep-talk.

C'mon, Will. You've done the stay-at-home dad thing three times now . You've been to the playground with your gal pals, you've been over to their houses for play dates. Hell, you've even recommended an OBGYN. Remember how the man-police came by and gave you a talking to and confiscated your man-card?

And let us not forget all the daytime TV you've watched.

You know women, Will. You understand them. You know what they need...you know what they want, and you are an expert and fulfilling those needs, be they mental, emotional and of course, physical.

So man up, partner, and finish that scene where Patricia is sitting around the living room drinking wine and chain smoking while the gals talk about their army husbands.

Inshallah (Jake's back in Iraq).

No comments:

Post a Comment