Monday, February 20, 2017

President's Day

Recently another one of those useless surveys of historians ranked Barry 12th. As noted in this space before it is not fair or prudent to rank a president just out of office. One should wait a good decade. I mean, I remember in 1989 they ranked Reagan near the bottom, behind Jimmy Carter.

Ronald Reagan is how I judge a liberal. If they're still cracking the same pathetic 80's jokes, if they can't acknowledge his achievements, then I know I don't have to take them seriously politically.

Those achievements are as follows:

-Restoatation: A renewal of American spirit and pride after 20 years of decline
-Economic Growth: the conquest of inflation, the material improvement of Americans
-Confrontation with Iran and Libya
-Rebuilding of America's armed forces
-Winning the Cold War

Ronald Reagan is in my estimation the greatest post World War II president and the greatest peacetime president.

It's ok to be wrong, Libs. As far as I'm concerned being wrong about great issues is a Constitutional Right. I've gotten plenty of things wrong too, take TARP and the auto bailout for example. So it's ok to have been wrong about Reagan.

But we must also learn from our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment