Monday, July 16, 2018

45 and Still Alive

I turn 45 this week.

This is the first year I 'feel' it, so to speak.

Mostly I feel brittle.  That heart stent three years ago slowed me down and I've never gotten the speed back. Even Walking makes my feet ache and swell, and every time I try lifting weights I pull a back muscle. When the fammi de Stroock* goes to Europe in a couple weeks we are counting on a gout attack.

Two family deaths and another close call the last year don't help. That close call (not my own) is coming close again.

The things I like I've liked for a really long time, like Star Wars. As noted last week, we watched the 'new' Star Wars tapes, they are 25 years old. I find this depressing.

A lot of things I used to like to do I can't do anymore. This includes beer and hamburgers.

'Cry me a river' I suppose. Which seems fair.

I'm tired and cynical and decidedly pessimistic.

*That's French

1 comment:

  1. My dad always told me that as long as there good on the table and roof over your head life is not to bad

    ReplyDelete