Thursday, December 24, 2015

Rock Hall of Fame....yourrrr aaaaa jooooke...

...Sing that to the tune of AC/DC's Rock and Roll Train....there you go.

Cheap Trick is getting in, for some reason, Chicago (seriously?),  Steve Miller? I like Steve Miller, but the facility in question is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, not the Rock and Roll Hall of Catchy Songs and Pretty Good Bands.

Of course, I leave off Deep Purple, they get in.

Who doesn't get in?

Maybe I just have a baseball fan's mentality about this, but the HOF should be for immortals. You've got the pioneers from the 50's who lay the groundwork right? Bill Haley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry of course, then Elvis. Then you get the Rock Mount Rushmore: The Beatles, The Beach Boys, the Rolling Stone and The Who. They were immensely talented, innovative and original. From there you have massive and influential bands; Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss (not really talented but there is no denying their success). I'd add Nirvana just for the pure impact, Let's call them the Sandy Koufax of Rock and Roll, short career but huge.Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen changed the way we think about the guitar.

There are bands who are just a notch below the above mentioned acts in terms of popularity but who are immensely talented. Queen, probably the most versatile, Rush, nerd rockers extraordinaire. I think Def Leppard myself but I've always loved them. Jimmy Hendrix of course. Pearl Jam, though if you ask me they haven't done a good album since Animal, but there is no denying their longevity. Bee Jees?

Rock and Roll kind of lost me about 1995 so I'm hard pressed to think of a more modern act. Foo Fighters?

Like I said, Rock lost me about 1995...

No comments:

Post a Comment